Grade 6 students, I just wanted to say that I am SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!
The stories you’ve created are JUST AMAZING! They are beyond MY WILDEST IMAGINATION. Keep it up and the rest start creating new stories…
Please comment on each other’s stories and help each other improve your work.
Keep up the good work!
Here is a sample of your colleagues’ work:
Stage 1 : Discover the power of cascading Style Sheets (css)
Cascading style sheets are used to add themes to the website
To understand how, visit http://csszengarden.com/ and try different themes by clicking on different links. They are the same HTML files but different css files.
How to add a cascading style sheet to your website
- Open google.com
- Browse css templates and download one that you like.
- Make sure that it is copied in the same folder as your project (the css file is beside your html files)
- Add this code in the head section changing only the cssfilename
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="cssfilename.css" media="screen" />
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 in all your html files
- Then open your website!
If your are lost you can check this presentation for more info
Stage 2: upload your website
The easiest way to do it is to
- open dropbox.com
- Signup and verify account
- click on this link to enable public folder https://www.dropbox.com/enable_public_folder
- open your public folder
- upload your website in your public folder (all images and files)
- (You can download the desktop version if you want)
- then write click on your homepage and copy the public link
THIS is the link to your website HOLD ON TO IT and save it somewhere cos we are going to use it in stage 3!!!
Stage 3: choose your own domain name
Since the dropbox public link is too long wwe are going to create a free, easy and short domain name, here is how:
- Open dot.tk
- choose your unique and free domain name
- then in the section forward this domain too add your public link that your domain name will point too
- continue registration ofcourse for 12 MONTHS!
- if you do not sign up you will not be able to renew it after a year, so it will last you only 1 year!
PASTE YOUR DOMAIN NAME (for example maryvictor.tk) as a comment to this post. And this is how I know that you are done and have submitted your assignment!
Stage One: Explore
Read stories from StoryBird
Stage Two: Get Inspired
Get inspired by Art
Get Inspired by themes
Stage Three: Create
signup/Login by teacher created accounts
Create a story
Story Jumper (Needs parental consent)
and the one we shall be using for this term is: Storybird